For Employees do you:
- Enforce the use of safety shoes, hard hats and eye protection?
- Use safety nets, harnesses, lifelines/lanyards when required?
- Train employees in proper lifting practices?
For Operations do you:
- Provide barricades/covers for roof, wall, floor and other openings?
- Properly secure ladders before use?
- Take proper safeguards for confined space entry?
- Ensure proper ventilation in interior work areas?
- Ensure fire extinguishers are tested, accessible and clearly marked?
- Control exposure to airborne fibers such as asbestos?
- Restrict smoking in and around combustibles and unfinished construction?
- Closely control all flammable liquids, solvents, adhesives, catalysts,
- Limit quantities of flammable or combustible liquids in use to a one-day
- Use detergent cleaners rather than flammable solvents?
- Adequately vent temporary heating devices? Provide fuel shut-off
- Post "No Smoking" and "No Open Flame" signs where necessary?
- Have procedures for inspecting/testing work when is is completed?
- WHEN WELDING, DO YOU:
- Perform hazardous operations, including welding, only in areas made fire
- Restrict welding near flammables or before lines are properly purged?
- Confine operations to a cut-off room when possible?
- Keep all torches attended?
- Use metal stands or insulated surfaces for soldering irons?
- Use approved oxygen, acetylene and LPG cylinders? Secured/stored
- Use fireproof mats, fire extinguishers and watch person(s)?
For Equipment do you:
- Have established scaffolding erection/dismantling and anchoring
- Provide dollies or other conveyances for manual transport of heavy
- Ensure that ladders/scaffolding and material hoisting equipment is in good
- Ground portable electric power generators if over 5 KW?
- Vent fuel-powered generating equipment into open air?
- Properly guard and ground electric tools?