For Employees do you:
- Enforce the use of safety shoes, gloves, hard hats, hearing protection and
- Require workers to use safety harnesses and lanyards while working in
- Train employees in proper lifting techniques, first aid and CPR?
- Offer a driver safety program for your employees?
- Ensure that new/inexperienced employees are supervised by someone
- Require aerial lift personnel to always be tied in with an approved rope
- Supply clean water and detergent for drenching/washing in case of an
For Pre-Job do you:
- Consult utilities before digging to locate pipes and lines? Pre-mark
all utility lines?
- Conduct pre- and post-excavation topographical review for drainage
- Require workers to scan trees to locate any wires passing near the
- Survey and establish property boundaries prior to starting a job?
For Operations do you:
- Barricade all excavations/hazardous operations? Post warning signs?
- Use safety ropes to guide falling limbs, branches and trunks?
- Use ropes to hoist equipment/branches that are too heavy to maneuver by
- Remove dirt and debris spilled onto streets/sidewalks to prevent public
- Use only non-conductive tools to remove branches near energized lines?
- Require workers dealing with power lines to maintain a safe distance from
- Store wood or wood chips away from buildings?
- Have adequate fire detection/suppression devices? Have easy access
- Control smoke during the burning of grass, weeds, or brush? Post
- Carefully load all debris, dirt, rocks, wood and other materials being
- Use covers to avoid spilling or flyaway of debris/materials in transit?
For Equipment do you:
- Bolt aerial buckets to the truck chassis? Restrict boom extension
- Require that saw engines are stopped when carried, cleaned, refueled, or
- Inspect/adjust chainsaws/stump grinders daily; require hand guards and
- Use fully insulated aerial lifts and limit occupancy to one worker?
- Prohibit occupancy of the aerial lift during transit?
- Use only non-conductive ladders?
- Require workers to inspect ropes, ladders and trailers daily?
- Safeguard tools/equipment at the jobsites? Provide permanent