For Employees do you:
- Enforce the use of safety shoes, hard hats and eye protection?
- Use entry procedures for septic tank work?
- Train employees in proper lifting practices?
- Train employees in fire regulations applicable to the work?
For Operations do you:
- Maintain inventory control of supplies and equipment?
- Properly erect/level/anchor/use permanent scaffolding?
- Have established scaffolding erection/dismantling and inspection procedures?
- Check all joints for secure fastening?
- Properly install/protect water supply devices against the possibility of
- Provide barricades/covers for roof, wall, floor and other openings?
- Take proper safeguards for confined space entry?
- Ensure proper ventilation in interior work areas?
- Restrict smoking around combustibles and unfinished construction?
- Limit quantities of flammable or combustible liquids in use to a one-day
- Ensure that fuels kept on hand are in compliance with storage safety
- Ensure fire extinguishers are tested, accessible and clearly marked?
- Provide adequate washing facilities and disinfectants?
- Have procedures for inspecting/testing during work and upon completion?
- WHEN WELDING, DO YOU:
- Perform hazardous operations, including welding, only in areas made fire
- Restrict welding near flammables or before lines are properly purged?
- Confine operations to a cut-off room when possible?
- Keep all torches attended?
- Use metal stands or insulated surfaces for soldering irons?
- Use approved oxygen, acetylene and LPG cylinders? Secured/stored
- Use fireproof mats, fire extinguishers and watch person(s)?
For Equipment do you:
- Record serial numbers and adequately label machines and attachment in case
- Ground portable electric power generators over 5 KW?
- Vent fuel-powered generating equipment into open air?
- Provide dollies or other conveyances for manual transport of heavy
- Properly guard and ground electric tools?
- Regularly inspect/maintain ladders, hoists, tools, wiring and other