Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
From Head To Foot
Business reviews would seem to indicate that today Americans are spending more for clothing than anytime in history. This is in accordance with American standards, and to deny the advantages of being meticulous in dress would be an insult.
And yet, we take so much pride in the social aspect of our dress - what about the really important angle? What about the manner in which we dress for work with safety in mind?
1. Are we meticulous in the protection of our skull, the important guardian of our brain center, through the wearing of a hard hat?
2. What about our sight, our most important sense? Do we have our eyes examined periodically...if necessary, do we use our glasses when reading... and above all, do we cover them with safety goggles when the occasion demands?
3. The shirt, an important piece of apparel. If we operate, or are engaged around moving machinery and equipment, do we wear short sleeve shirts, or have straight cuffs? The same goes for jackets. Never wear a loose fitting jacket, keep it buttoned or zippered shut at least chest high.
4. Our hands are a very vulnerable part of our body. If our work calls for it, do we wear gloves? Also remember, worn or tattered gloves are more dangerous than no gloves at all.
5. Wearing overalls or pants with cuffed or rolled up legs is a poor practice. If the legs are too long have them cut off and hemmed. Straight legs reduce the self-tripping hazard.
6. How about shoes? They don't have to shine with a brilliant luster, but they must be practical. A safe working shoe has a thick sole; thin sole shoes can result in serious foot punctures. To protect against toe injuries, steel capped shoes are most practical. Shoe laces should not be too long.
7. Watch out for jewelry. It can catch on things, too. Don't wear loose watch chains, straps, keys on belt, etc., or any item that might hook on something and place you in a hazardous position. Rings, wristlets and other jewelry belong at home and not on the job.Remember to dress properly for the job you're doing.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________