Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
TIPS FOR OPERATORS
If you are the one responsible for operating a piece of equipment, here are some safety tips:
1. Operators wear hard hats at all times and use seat belts when provided.
2. Always get on and off by the three point method.
3. Clean the windshield at the start of each shift.
4. Check the fluid levels, also brakes, horn and side view mirrors.
5. Test your turn signals, head lights and back-up alarm.
6. Check your fire extinguisher and inspect tires and wipers.
6. Make sure other workers are clear before you start your equipment.
7. Keep workers outside of the swing radius.
8. Never carry co-workers unless the rig is designed for passengers.
9. Never let anyone ride the headache ball.
10. Don't overload your rig - follow the manufacturer's capacity ratings.
11. Watch out for overhead power lines and keep away from them.
12. Secure dump bodies before working under them.
13. Crib up blades and release stored pressure.
14. Keep your hands away from sprockets and gears.
15. Be familiar with locations and operation of override controls.
16. Secure your load before traveling and observe all road signs.
17. If you travel on a public roadway with an off the road vehicle, proper escort is required
18. Always keep your attention on the direction of travel and don't speed.
19. Shut off engines before fueling and never smoke while refueling.
20. Shut off all power controls before making adjustments.
21. Remove rings, watches and jewelry before performing maintenance.
22. Use caution when checking hot pressurized engine coolant systems.
23. Keep oil, grease and water wiped from standing surfaces and hand holds.
STOP & CALL YOUR SUPERVISOR IF THE RIG DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT. YOUR PIECE OF EQUIPMENT RESPONDS TO YOUR MOVEMENTS MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAFE ONES
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________