Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
Did you know that 60 percent of all fires are preventable? Unfortunately, too few of us take the dangers of fire seriously enough. This lack of concern accounts for many of the fires that occur annually at the workplace. The best way to prevent fire is to be on the lookout for possible hazards -- to stop a fire before it has a chance to start. When it comes to this critical subject, what you don't know can hurt you. So take time now to test your knowledge about flammables and the best ways to prevent fires.
1. Most fires are caused by:
A. friction B. spontaneous combustion C. unsafe acts of people
2. Careless smoking and match-handling habits cause what percent of all fires?
A. 7% B. 15% C. 23%
3. A burning cigarette reaches a temperature of what degree Fahrenheit?
A. 1300 B. 451 C. 100
4. Containers used to hold flammable or combustible liquids should be:
A. black B. stored outdoors C. clearly & correctly marked
5. When a fire breaks out, lives can be saved if fire doors are:
A. obstruction free B. in good working condition C. both A & B
6. Oil-soaked rags, shavings, etc., should be disposed of in:
A. dumpsters B. plastic bags C. special containers
7. If you discover a fire, the first thing you should do is:
A. find extinguisher B. sound the fire alarm C. get out
8. In a smoke-filled room, the best air to breathe is:
A. near the ceiling B. near the walls C. near the floor
9. Water-based extinguishers should never be used on what kind of fires?
A. electrical B. wood C. paper
Did you know all the answers? Remember you can play a part in fire prevention!
Answers to quiz: (1)C (2)C (3)A (4)C (5)C (6)C (7)B (8)C (9)A
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________