Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR JOB
Your employer is not your mother!
What do I mean by that, you ask? I mean, just like when you were young, your
mother had to remind you to pick up after yourself. Now that you are on your
own, you still need to be told sometimes. Housekeeping is a very important part
of your job. Not only does it improve the overall appearance of your shop or
work area, it shows that you take pride in where you work. The best way that you
can help keep your work place clean is to pick up after yourself! Don't leave it
for the next shift or another craft to worry about.
Here are some reasons to keep your
work area clean:
- You reduce trip and fall hazards.
- Increased production. You won't have to waste time looking for
a misplaced tool. You will always know where your tools are when you put them
where they belong after you use them.
- If someone falls because of materials you left on the floor,
you will feel guilty because you were a causal factor in the accident. Also, the
injured worker may want to remind you of that!
- You reduce a potential fire hazard by removing unneeded
combustibles from the work area.
Here are some tips to maintain a
clean work area:
- Plan the job. Make a list of the needed tools/materials. This
will help to minimize unnecessary clutter around your work area.
- Develop a routine for cleaning up at the end of the shift or
periodically during the shift.
- Do not allow employees to eat, drink or smoke in the work
area, not only because of litter problems, but also because of hygiene concerns.
- This is not, by all means, all inclusive. The point I am
trying to make is to take responsibility for yourself and your work area!
Remember, a clean work area is a productive work area and also enhances safety!
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________