For Employees do you:
- Enforce the use of goggles, safety shoes and hard hats?
- Provide material handling equipment and train workers
in proper lifting techniques?
For Pre-Job do you:
- Study the jobsite to determine hazards, exposures, or
- Locate and mark utility lines/electrical equipment
prior to starting work?
For Operations do you:
- Adequately brace all construction, secure trusses
against the wind?
- Barricade all work areas?
- Require barricade/covers for roof/wall/floor and other
- Use non-flammable adhesives when possible?
- Deactivate hoists, take down ladders, lock up/remove
power equipment at night?
- Keep flammable liquids in sealed metal containers?
- Keep equipment away from overhead wires?
- Have easily accessible ladders, stairways, ramps for
- Arrange site for easy access and safe maneuvering of
- Keep the site free from sawdust, scrap, and other
- Store combustibles well away from the structure?
- Restrict smoking in and around unfinished construction?
For Scaffolding, Do you:
proper anchoring procedures?
planking above sidewalks to protect public from dropped objects?
strict regulations against loose items on upper levels?
manufacturers'/suppliers' recommendations for scaffolding use?
adjusting screws instead of blocking for scaffolds on uneven grades?
Regularly inspect/maintain scaffolding, ladders, hoists, and ropes?
For Equipment do you:
- Regularly inspect, adjust, and clean UL approved
gas/kerosene/oil space heaters?
- Use only liquid-fired heaters equipped with a safety
fuel shut-of device?
- Properly guard saws? Ground and inspect all
equipment and tools?
- Properly secure loads? Flag or escort oversized loads
- Fence, light and lock equipment storage locations?
- Ground portable electric power generators if over 5 KW?
- Bent fuel-powered generating equipment into open air?
- Regularly inspect trailers and hitches? Require
use of a chain with hitches?