For Employees do you:
- Enforce the use of gloves, safety shoes, goggles and hard hats?
- Provide knee pads for kneeling operations/safety harnesses for aerial
- Provide material handling equipment and train workers in its use?
- Provide bright, reflective, and conspicuous clothing for flagmen?
For Operations do you:
- Keep power equipment away from overhead wires?
- Barricade all work areas?
- Properly erect/level/anchor/use only permanent scaffolding? Restrict loose
- Have accessible exit/entry ladders? Remove ladders at the end of
- Ensure that concrete mixing is done under competent supervision?
- Perform daily batch testing of concrete for reinforcement and stress
- Record batch mixes and test pouring on a regular schedule?
- Properly brace and inspect all forms prior to pouring concrete?
- Enforce weight limits of hand carried materials?
- Arrange site for easy access/safe maneuvering of vehicles, equipment and
- Ensure that decks/platforms are properly erected and railed? Secure loose
- Provide battery operated warnings lights around the jobsite at night?
- Help prevent damage to vehicles, trees, lawns and shrubs near the pour
- Ensure proper drainage and depth of the concrete to help prevent heaving?
- Use ample reinforcement such as reinforcing rods and wire mesh?
- Require use of guide when concrete trucks are dumping their loads?
- Use alarms/whistles or other warning signals during overhead/lifting
- Use only treated tarpaulins to resist fire?
- Provide flagmen to direct traffic and warn pedestrians of hazardous
- Use a watch service when providing heat overnight on a job site?
- Use and keep attended only approved heating units, with enclosed
- Keep all combustible materials a safe distance from heating units?
For Equipment do you:
- Ground portable electric power generators if over 5 KW?
- Vent fuel-powered generating equipment into open air?
- Equip power-floats with dead man controls?
- Inspect/maintain scaffolding, ladders, hoists, ropes, and other equipment?
- Provide equipment with automatic audible back up alarms?